Registration is now open. Click on the link to register and buy tickets.
The prices for tickets to IS-Glasgow2019 are listed below.
|Standard - Early Bird
|Student - Early Bird
The deadline for early bird registrations is 1st March 2019. This discount will only count for those who pay for their ticket by this date. The ticket price includes:
- The Welcome Drinks Reception at Glasgow City Chambers
- The Gala Dinner
- A USB copy of the Proceedings
- Catered coffee and lunch breaks
- Access to all sessions and exhibition spaces
- The 5th Bishop Lecture
- 10 Keynote Lectures
- 18 Theme Lectures
- Up to 144 presentations in parallel sessions
Please note that a USB version of the Proceedings is included in the above fees, however should you also wish a printed version of the Proceedings, these are available for a £40 supplement. If you want to secure a hard copy, you will have to tick the appropriate box in the Registration Form when available. Due to publishing deadlines, we cannot guarantee a printed copy will be available for collection for registrations made after the 13th March 2019. A small number of copies will be available to purchase directly at the symposium on a first-come-first-served basis. If you would still like to express an interest in a printed copy after the 13th March, please tick the box. Depending on numbers, a second print run may be arranged after the symposium date with copies sent directly to the delegate for a surcharge.
*Guest registration allows fully registered delegates to bring guests, at a cost of £60 per guest. Guests should register separately via the registration form. Each guest will have access to the social dinner and drinks reception. Unfortunately, due to security issues, guests will not have access to the symposium venue.
International delegates should be aware of visa requirements when entering the UK. Please plan your travel well in advance and allow plenty of time to apply for a visa. If you will require a Visa Invitation Letter, please indicate this on the Registration Form. You will be contacted about the issuing of the letter upon successful payment of the registration fee.
If you are unable to obtain a visa, our cancellation policy still applies. Please note, no refunds will be given from 31st May.
- Proof of status is required for all student registrations. Student ID or a letter from the institution is required.
- The Organising Committee expects that at least one of the co-authors register to the symposium in order to include the paper in the symposium proceedings. A single registration is expected to entitle the registered author for a reasonable number of papers to be included in the symposium proceedings.
- The Organising Committee will make all efforts to allow each paper to be presented at the symposium. However, should the number of papers be very high, the Organising Committee will recommend some of the papers to be presented in the poster session.
- Attendance at the welcome drinks reception cannot be guaranteed for registrations made after the 7th June 2019.
- Attendance at the social dinner cannot be guaranteed for registrations made after 17th May 2019.
- Each delegate can register one guest for a cost of £60. This registration allows attendance at the social dinner and drinks reception. Please note that access to the symposium is not possible for guests for security reasons. Each guest must register separately and tick the appropriate box in the registration form.
All cancellation and refund requests must be made to geomaterials-symposium2019 @strath.ac.uk. All refunds will be processed after the symposium.
Cancellation by Friday 15th March: Full refund (minus £50 admin fee)
Cancellation between 16th March and Friday 31st May: Request for refunding during this time will be treated on a case-by-case basis. However refunding is not guaranteed and will not exceed 50% of the registration fee.
Cancellation after 31st May: No refund will be offered.
In the event that the symposium is cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Organising Committee, we will refund the registration fee in full minus the costs associated with the publication of the proceedings which we will endeavour to send to registered delegates by post. However, please note that the University of Strathclyde will not reimburse travel and accommodation expenses. It is expected that delegates will arrange appropriate personal/business travel insurance to cover these costs.